BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Saturday, June 19, 2010

You were Once

I once loved you so much
And for so long.
Why did you leave
When I did nothing wrong?

Your smile was once the sun
On a dark, rainy day.
It would clear up the sky
And keep it from being gray.

Your eyes were once the shine
Of the world's glowing light.
Or were they the twinkling stars
That once filled the night?

Your hands once had power
To give me the softest touch.
They'd always give me a slight tingle,
Which is why I loved them so much.

Your hugs were once the medicine
That'd change a frown to cheer.
A shiver would run through my body
Every time I feel your love near.

Your kisses were once the wind,
They were fresh and breezy against my face.
They were gentle, so gentle,
It's something no one will replace.

But, now you like someone else,
And it's driving me insane.
Although it's over for us,
The love we had still remains.

And so I tell myself...
Never again will I cry.
You were once everything to me,
That I can't deny.

But I couldn't keep my promise
And broke out in tears.
The hours I've cried feel like days,
The days feel like years.

As I bury my face in the pillow,
And cry my heart out and grieve,
I've learned to never give away love
If love I don't receive.

0 comments: