BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Reflections



I look into the mirror
Not sure of what I see
Cause lately all there’s been
Are reflections of you and me
Last time I looked into the mirror
I wasn’t ready for the reflection I saw
I saw you holding me, hugging me
Kissing me and all
Unsure of what I’d seen
I tried it once again
For surely there was no such thing
That could bring me back to “then”
And as I looked into the mirror
My mind didn’t know what to do
Cause I saw you looking in my eyes
And telling me “I love you”
And once again I looked in the mirror
Just to once again relive the past
Or at least for a couple minutes
Make the memories last
And this time when I looked
I broke down right then and there
And then started forming
A single crimson tear
I saw you right in front of me
With something in your hands
I tried to lean closer
To help me understand
I reassured my doubts
And I know this for a fact
I saw you take a knife
And thrust it in my back


by Katie Bennett




0 comments: