BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

Pages

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Don't Know why




 My head lays on my pillow;
the room is dark and damp.
(-- if I could only see your face,
though I know that I can't)

I try to close my eyes and sleep,
but your face haunts my dreams.
(I feel like I've been torn apart...
I'm broken at the seams.)

I toss and turn; I'm restless.
I know I will not sleep;
(I know that I still think of you.

Do you still think of me?)

My eyes now face the darkness;
the demon's haunting our lives.
(It seems we had it all and more;
Why did you leave me? Why?)

It seems the clock ticks slowly,
and yet our love went by so fast.
(Just where did I go wrong in this,
to make this love not last?)

I sit up smooth, but slowly;
I grip my sheets in my bare hands.
(Why did you have to leave me here?
I just don't understand...)

It seems the night is quiet
as I stand by my dark window.
(You left with not a word to say;
why did you have to go?)

Laying on my bed once more,
I stare blankly ahead.
(Was this all you or was it me?
Is our love truly dead?)

I feel like such an empty pleasure,
like I could scream aloud this night.
(Was I just living in a dream?
Was nothing really right?)

I watch the seconds pass me by;
The silence fills my heart.
(You know that I am fragile;
do you know I'm torn apart?)

A tear slides down my ghostly face
and falls onto my sheets.
(Wre you just playing with my head?
Did you truly love me?)

I close my eyes so gently
as if I am afraid I'll break.
(How did we lose the love we had?
Was all the love a fake?)

The questions lull me into sleep,
a sleep filled with your face.
(I thought that you had melt my heart
which no one could replace...)



Stephen White 

0 comments: